Jennifer Wisdom was named the A-C-T Environmental & Infrastructure Employee of the Year. She was one of 10 employees eligible for the award.
“Jennifer was honored because she has excelled in every one of the 10 core values, but especially because she effectively and consistently communi-
cates with management — delivering both the positives and the negatives of any situation so the best decision(s) can be made by the team,” A-C-T President Rob Kincart said.
Jeff Kincart, Vice President of A-C-T, said her pursuit of excellence “demonstrates what we all know to be true,
that success isn’t limited to an 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. work schedule. It often happens outside that time frame because it takes true dedication and commitment to accomplish professional and personal goals. Jennifer has that commitment.”
Wisdom’s immediate supervisor, Doug Coleman said, “Jennifer manages challenges aggressively while working with the team to find solutions. It’s a balancing act and she’s a pro.”
Wisdom, a graduate of Texas A&M University, joined the firm in 2011 as a Project Manager.
“I think the path to success lies in knowing your resources — knowing who to go to for the right information at the right time and knowing when to turn to other professionals rather than relying on your own knowledge alone and, at the end of the day, it also helps to be Texas tough.”
A-C-T’s 10 customer service core values and the 2012 winners are:
• Delivering Great Customer Service: Ashley Shive
• Demonstrating Extraordinary Effort: Olin Bramlett
• Demonstrating Competence/Accountability: Doug Coleman
• Providing Valuable Counsel: Joe Whittington (A-C-T Northeast Florida Office)
• Offering Sustainable Solutions: Jason Fabsik
• Communicating Effectively: Jennifer Wisdom
• Ensuring Safest Operations: Patrick Spears (A-C-T Northeast Florida Office)
• Demonstrating Fiscal Stewardship: Lori Wolf
• Being Consistently Flexible: Oliver Strawbridge
• Delivering Desired Results: Larry Legg.