FILE PHOTO BY BOBBI AUSTIN
Englewood Helping Hand is holding it’s 25th annual CROP Walk Feb. 23. Registration starts at 8 a.m. at Community Presbyterian Church, 405 S. McCall Road. The five mile round-trip walk starts at 8:30 a.m. and goes to Lemon Bay Park and back. Of the proceeds, 25 percent stays in Englewood to help stock the shelves at the Helping Hand food pantry. The other 75 percent goes to Church World Service for disaster relief and to “End World Hunger One Step at a Time.” This organization provides seeds, livestock, water and medical supplies to rural areas throughout the world. Many Englewood churches, schools and organizations are participating including Lemon Bay High School. Call Ted Anderson at 941-697-2085.
You are currently not logged in
By logging in you can see the full story.